Talented young people need your help.
The Order of Australia Association Foundation is supporting the next generation of leaders by helping promising young Australians from all walks of life to achieve their potential.
Each year the Foundation awards Prizes to young citizens in their early years of post-secondary vocational training. Selected applicants must have shown potential as :
- Future leaders in their vocational training and in community involvement;
- Greatly benefiting from financial assistance as they complete their studies; and
- Being assessed as highly likely to gain significantly from the guidance of suitably experienced volunteer mentors from The Order of Australia Association who will have appropriate expertise and experience in the vocational field chosen by a prize winner.
The Foundation funds prizes from tax deductible donations received from the community; from Association members; and from testamentary bequests.
- The inaugural prizes - and those for the next few years - are being funded separately by generous individuals underwriting the Prize Scheme during its formative years.
- Funds raised by The Order of Australia Association and donations received from the community and testamentary bequests are being accumulated in a special fund which, when it reaches its initial target of $5 million, should be able to fund Prizes in perpetuity.
The Foundation will continue to be operated and managed by volunteers, thereby minimising administrative costs.
How you can help
Individuals or corporate bodies can help by becoming a "Member of the Foundation" by agreeing to make annual tax deductible donations over 5 years. The categories of membership are:
- Patron - $50,000 a year for 5 years;
- Principal Partner - $20,000 to $50,000 a year for 5 years;
- Fellow - $4,000 to $20,000 a year for 5 years;
- Associate - $1000 a year for 5 years;
- Friend of the Foundation - making a tax deductible donation of less than $1000 to the Foundation