Membership of the Association is restricted to Order of Australia Honours recipients.
Membership of the Association is a privilege, which provides members with opportunities to:
- be part of a national-wide group numbering in excess of 8,000 interesting motivated, high-achieving community members.
- participate in and give further service to the community through Branch projects
- encourage and assist with honours nominations for a broad and diverse cross section of Australians who have gone above and beyond in their community contributions.
- sponsor or mentor young people with the potential to achieve in certain fields of endeavour.
- develop future leaders in the community by contributing to higher education scholarships and student awards and projects through tax deductible donation
- hear stimulating speakers, through Branch and Regional Group activities, and access places of interest not generally open to the public.
- network with members from other State and Territory Branches, and Regional Groups at the annual National Conference which rotates through each of the capital cities on a yearly basis.
- receive “The Order” national magazine quarterly in e-version or hard copy.
- receive e-News from National and Branch e-newsletters and event invitations.
- mix socially at stimulating events and functions organised by Branches and Regional Groups for their members.
Membership is a part of the National Association, but for administrative and participation purposes, members are aligned to a state or territory (Branch) in Australia. There are two overseas branches – UK/Europe or North America. Members may also be aligned to a regional group in those states that have them. Members who live in one state may choose to ‘align’ with another regional group interstate, particularly where a neighbouring regional group exists. However, only one state alignment is possible.
Members may elect to be admitted as an annual member, three-year member or life member either by one, two or four instalments
To join the Association, please click here to access our on-line membership application.
For an offline version, please click here to download the membership application.
Membership is administered by the National Office Telephone (02) 6273 0322.
As a member of the association, you may order 6 replacement Lapel Pins per year direct from Government House. Call (02) 6283 3615 Medals and Purchasing Officer. Visa and MasterCard accepted.