Who is eligible to join the Association?
- Any recipients of an Order of Australia Honours on Australia Day or King’s Birthday can join the Association.
How do I join?
- If you are eligible you can join by filling out our online membership form located here.
Where are the Association branches located?
- Branches are located in each State and Territory and in the UK/Europe and North America.
- Some States and the Northern Territory have regional or district sub-groups.
- Further information can be found on each State and Territory page.
Wearing of Order of Australia Medals.
The full-size insignia (Main Piece) is generally worn at day functions where decorations have been prescribed by the event, for example Anzac Day, Remembrance Day ceremonies or special services such as a State Funeral, Memorial or Thanksgiving Service. This would include Association Branch and Regional Group events.
At events such as evening receptions and dinners where decorations have been prescribed, the miniature insignia is generally worn.
The main exception to this is Neck Decorations (AC and AO), which are worn in full-size.
A lapel badge may be worn on civilian clothes at any time. Only one badge should be worn at a given time and not when other insignia pieces are worn.
How do I replace lost Insignia or Lapel Pins?
- Replacement Insignia and Lapel Pins can be obtained from:
The Order of Australia Government House
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Telephone: (02) 6283 3533
A template on the Name Badges Australia webpage to allow Association members to order name badges.
To order name badges, please follow the instructions found on the document that you can download from here.
The Order of Australia Association Ode & Guidelines
The links below are detail The Order of Australia Association Ode and the associated guidelines.