QLD Senior Volunteer Awards 2021
The Queensland Branch invites members of the Association to submit nominations for Senior Volunteer Awards for 2021
The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch Committee (responsible committee) has responsibility for the conduct of the program.
The Purpose of the Awards
The Purpose of the Senior Volunteer Award is to recognise and reward outstanding continuing voluntary contributions made by senior Queenslanders to their communities independently or through organisations with which they are associated.
2021 Nomination forms (to be completed by a current financial member of the Association)
These are available here for downloading in either word or pdf format.
Any person over 60 years of age who resides in Queensland and is still actively engaged in voluntary activities in the community and who does not have an award in the Order of Australia may be nominated. A person who has an award in the Order of Australia is not eligible.
A nomination must be made for an individual person only. A single nomination for a couple or a group of persons is not permitted.
However, any current member or office bearer of the Committee of The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch and any current Convener of a Regional Group of The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch are ineligible to be nominated. That having been stated, however, these members are permitted to make nominations – they just can’t be nominated.
Only a current member of The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch residing in Queensland may make and submit an application.
A nominating member should refrain from notifying their nominee that they have been nominated for the award.
The principal selection criteria a nomination should address are
- Continuing outstanding voluntary community service demonstrated over an extended period of time.
- Recognised valuable impact of the contributions made to the group/s or organisation/s served.
Nominations must be completed, signed and dated using the nomination form only and sent either by post or email to:
Mr Geoff Cowles OAM,
Events and Awards Coordinator,
The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch,
16 Kanturk Street,
Ferny Grove, QLD 405
with the envelope marked ‘Attention: Senior Volunteer Award”
- Please include in the subject heading of your email the words “OAAQ Senior Volunteer Award Nomination”.
- Nominations either by post or email must be received by the Events and Awards Coordinator no later than Friday 6 November 2020.
- There must be only one nomination per nomination form.
- Please do not send any attachments with the nomination form.
- Up to three awards may be made in each year, determined by a Panel of Judges selected by the responsible committee.
- The successful nominees receive a prestigious award engraved with their name and incorporating the Association emblem.
- A Senior Volunteer Award may be awarded only once to a person.
- All successful nominees will be notified by the responsible committee that they have been awarded a Senior Volunteer Award.
- Nominating members of successful nominees will be notified of the outcome of their nomination by the responsible committee.
- Nominating members of unsuccessful nominees will be notified of the outcome for their nomination by the responsible committee.
- However, unsuccessful nominees will not be notified by the responsible committee.
Status of the Awards
Successful nominees receiving the “Senior Volunteer Award” need to be aware that these awards are NOT awards in the Order of Australia – which are awards under the Australian honours system and are considered by the Council for the Order of Australia and approved by the Governor-General. More information on the Order of Australia can be found at www.itsanhonour.gov.au
The Senior Volunteer awards are received from The Order of Australia Association, which is a separate entity to the Order of Australia. A successful nominee should refer to their award as a “Senior Volunteer Award received from The Order of Australia Association, Queensland Branch”.
The awards do not carry a post nominal after the successful nominee’s name.
Enquiries: Geoff Cowles OAM, Events and Awards Coordinator
- Phone: 07 3351 4991
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong support from Blight Rayner Architecture
The Queensland Branch of the Association is delighted that Blight Rayner Architecture, Brisbane have agreed to be our sponsor for the Senior Volunteer Awards. Mr Michael Rayner AM says his company is proud to be involved and sponsor these Awards. “The Awards play an important part in recognising the valuable contribution volunteers and in particular senior volunteers make to improve their communities” says Mr Rayner. “This recognition encourages wider participation in volunteer activities by our senior Queenslanders”.